18 September 2008

Day 5 - Wednesday

(the above image of the Skye bridge is courtesy of a friend)


Wednesday started out rainy so I decided to go present shopping in Fort William. After being in large open spaces all week with hardly a sole to be seen it was a bit of a shock to the system to go into the hustle & bustle of a town again. I hate shopping to be honest anyway but it had to be done.

After doing the shopping the weather turned out bright so I decided to hop in the car and make my way to the Isle of Skye. A bit of a distance I know but the weather was looking good. A couple of hours I arrived at the Kyle of Lochalsh and the Skye bridge. The weather was turning grey and cloudy again and once over onto Skye the rain started again. The weather changed so quickly. I only got a couple of shots over there before it got too overcast to take any (see the cottage in Skye image). We decided to head home after having a cup of coffee in the local shop and wandering round a photoghraphers gallery next door. Some of his images were to die for. A wonderful talent I wish I had.


Anyway, we decided to head to the ferry terminal and get the ferry over to Mallaig which cut the journey home down by a few miles. Unknowingly that was not to be as there were roadworks along the road from Mallaig for quite a few miles which made our journey home take longer than expected. However the ferry crossing was very smooth which I enjoyed.

3 comments:

S-V-H said...

And in these series is number 2 my absolute favorite. You capture the moments and the essence of the place so well in all your photos, like only talented people can do!

Love to see more!

Double "D" said...

Wonderful, awesome, tremendous,
delightful, cool, superlative, superlative, etc.

Carole said...

Thankyou both again for your very loveyl comments.