4 February 2008

Holiday

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted for a while but i've been away to Bamburgh in Northumberland for the weekend for a friends 50th Birthday.
It was a nice weekend and I managed to get in some photography amongst the celebrations.
The weather was a very windy on the Friday. My tripod was moving a great deal while photographing and when I checked the images they were way too blurry, so I gave up using it and just hand held the camera the rest of the time.
Saturday, however, was lovely and sunny but very, very cold. I got to use my tripod finally which I got for Christmas.
Here are some of the photos I've taken.


Bamburgh, once the capital of the 7th century Kingdom of Northumbria, is now a seaside village dominated by the magnificent Bamburgh Castle, overlooking mile upon mile of golden sands. The sight of the castle on its rocky outcrop, 180 feet above the pretty village is simply unforgettable.

The village itself is very popular with visitors who come to browse the interesting gift shops or eat at one of several good tea shops and hotels. There is a village green with benches Also in the village is the Grace Darling Museum commemorating the lifeboat heroine who is buried in the village church.

One of my faults in the past year has been to hand hold the camera while I take Landscape shots. I've had some good results, BUT, they could've been better if I had used a tripod. So I'm trying to make myself get into the habit of taking the tripod with me where ever I go now.

Settings
Life Saver

  • Camera Olymus E500
  • Aperture - f/4.5
  • Shutter speed - 1/50 sec
  • ISO-100
  • Exposure compensation - 0 step
  • Focal Length - 13mm

Two Trees

  • Camera Olymus E500
  • Aperture - f/8
  • Shutter speed - 1/40 sec
  • ISO-100
  • Exposure compensation - +0.3 step
  • Focal Length - 17mm

Raging Waves

  • Camera Olymus E500
  • Aperture - f/9
  • Shutter speed - 1/320 sec
  • ISO-100
  • Exposure compensation - 0 step
  • Focal Length - 200mm

No comments: