16 February 2008

Early morning start




Didn't manage to drag my body out of bed this morning to capture the sun rising unfortunately, but I did manage to get out a touch later to catch the sun just starting to climb. It's been about -1 degree this morning, a very cold morning to be sitting in a hide in Thornley Woods. I was hoping to see the deer and the Sparrow Hawk that has been spotted a few times this month. Unfortunately I didn't see them. There were plenty robins, bluetits, pheasants, magpies, finches, blackbirds & jays but nothing much else. I also spied a couple of squirrels and a rabbit.
I then went to Far Pastures hide in Rowlands Gill, but again nothing much happening there, infact it was almost deserted apart from a few ducks. The pond however was frozen over which didn't help, but it looked quite nice.
.

1 comment:

lolik said...

"Thornley Woods" looks like a scene taken from a fairy tale. I liked the drop of sun. Splendid !!!