21 January 2008

Bamboo

Bamboos are a group of woody perennial evergreen plants in the true grass family Poaceae, subfamily Bambusoideae, tribe Bambuseae. Some of its members are giants, forming by far the largest members of the grass family. Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants and can grow up to 4 feet per day.
The hard woody stems of bamboo plants are used in construction, furniture, crafts and fishing poles. Certain varieties are grown in gardens as ornamental grasses.


Well here's another studio shot, this time of a bamboo stem. Looks like there'll be a few studio shots until the weather gets a little better. I hate winter and the damp miserable days we get, but rain provides the water we drink so I shouldn't complain.

Settings


  • Camera Olympus E500
  • 50mm Macro lens Lens
  • Aperture - f/20
  • Shutter Speed - 1.6sec
  • ISO-200
  • Focal Length - 50mm
  • Exposure Compensation -0.7 step

Just had to add this tonight. At work today it started to snow but it never lay on the ground as it was too wet. Later that day my boss let me go home 1/2 hour early as he'd heard that where I live the roads were bad with snow yet there was nothing at Gateshead where I work. Well off i went home and here's what I saw. You wouldn't believe that we were only 12 mile away. Where I live is pretty high up and we always get the worst of the weather.

No comments: