13 April 2008

Early morning start



It was a very cold morning and the sky was very dark as if it were going to snow. Anyway I decided to go and see if the fox was out and about at Thornley Woods. When I was only a few hundred yards away from the turn off I saw a dead fox in the middle of the road. I was devastated, filled up inside with sadness thinking that this maybe my Thornley wood Fox.

Unfortunately I didn't see my fox this morning. Lets hope it wasn't him. I'll be back next week in the afternoon to see if he's there or not.

Anyway when I was there, the sun decide to show itself. Although the sky infront of me was dark, the sun shone from behind and shone a beautiful warm glow across the forest. I quickly put my wide angle lens on and took a few shots. The photo is of 4 images stitched together in photoshop. The colour has not been touched at all. This is what I saw, most beautiful I think.

2 comments:

Anna Ridley said...

Absolutely stunning Carole. Gorgeous light on the trees, really standing out beautifully against that dark sky.

I so hope that wasn't your Thornley fox.... keep us posted!

S-V-H said...

The light is very nice, Carol. Sometimes the pictures doesn't need to be touched at all. I like your capture.